I don’t go to many press events. It’s not that I don’t like getting to taste new and interesting things, or check out restaurants before they open and to get a glimpse of what they’re going to do. But I prefer to go and have a relaxing time, and to enjoy and experience the place as a customer would. Another thing that’s challenging about press events is that they can sometimes be a scrum, as anywhere where there’s complimentary food or drink involved.
That happened to me when I attended a cocktail soirée at a very posh hotel. I was personally invited by the publicist and the bartender was quite well-known and quite competent. And as I found out when I arrived, also quite dashing.
BXJ Stand, Multi-Tier Indoor Special Balcony Decoration Frame Wrought Iron Living Room Save Space Flower Rack Floor Type (color Brass) Flower Pot oatmti840-Furniture
Summer has just started and temperatures have been hovering close to 100ºF (37ºC). It’s been hard to stay cool but I’ve learned that temperatures are lower first thing in the morning, so I wake up earlier and get some tasks out of the way before the full blast of heat begins to slowly roast me, and my kitchen. The other thing that’s hitting us at…
Not a day goes by when I don’t get a message requesting a restaurant recommendation in Paris. (Curiously, I also get asked for restaurant recommendations in cities I’ve never lived in, or even visited.) My promise to you is that I’ll only write up or recommend places I’ve been to, and with apologies to all who’ve asked for restaurant recommendations on social media, if I…
We’re buckling down for a heatwave that’s on its way, with temperatures heading up to 40ºC (104ºF). Fortunately I’ve got a small stockpile of fans I’ve been collecting over the years, and few bottles of rosé in the refrigerator. (And my refrigerator actually has an ice-maker.) I sometimes bring a bag as a host gift when invited for dinner…but this week, I’m saving them all…
- Hlluya Professional Sink Mixer Tap Kitchen Faucet Table basin faucet hot and cold wash basins and wash their hands of the water full brass faucets basin sinks plus high-mixer, White
- GROHE 23567003 Eurostyle Single-Lever Basin Mixer
- Taps Kitchen Sinktaps Mixer Swivel Faucet Sink Water Faucet Hot and Cold Bathroom
- AQUALONA Aquacapri Spa Shower Column Rigid Riser Kit Chrome Bathroom Showeroom
- redOOY Taps Kitchen greenical Black Faucet Faucet Hot And Cold Double Control Sink Sink Mixer Taps
- Oudan Faucet Basin Faucet Bathroom Faucet Kitchen Faucetoil Rubbed Bronze Waterfall Spout Bathroom Sink Faucet Mixer Tap Basin Faucet (color -, Size -)
- Bathroom Faucet Double Hole Washbasin Hot and Cold Faucet Household Bathroom Bathroom Three-Hole Wash Basin Basin Basin Faucet Copper
- Bookshelf 3-Layer Hemp Rope Hanger Wall-Mounted Solid Wood Shelf Flower Stand Wall Surface Decoration Frame Size 60 15 100cm
- Take Me Home Furniture Eiffel Style Bucket Chair with Wood Legs, Apple Green, Dining Chair
- Solid Wood Coat Rack Hanger Floor Bedroom Clothes Rack Storage Rack Creative Rack
- GJD Drawer Shelf Bathroom Stainless Steel Corner Shelf Storage Rack Kitchen Bathroom Wall Shelf Shelf
- Bungalow Flooring 706580023 Water Guard Tropical Fish Mat in blueestone - 2 ft. x 3 ft.
- ZZHF yushizhiwujia Marble Glass Rack Single-Layer Dressing Table Bathroom Glass Shelves Wall Hanging(2colors are Available) (color A)
- Penguin 60''x80'' 20lbs YnM Weighted Blanket for Couple, 25 lbs 80''x84'' King Size 100% Cotton Material with Glass Beads
- 360° redating Faucet Retro Faucet redating Basin Faucet Brass Bathroom Faucet Luxury gold and White Foldable
- Water Tap Taps Faucet Single Cold Kitchen Faucet Single Handle Alloy Kitchen Faucet Dish Alloy Single Cold Faucet Single Hole
- Bathroom Sink Basin Lever Mixer Tap Balcony Laundry Pool, Mop Pool Tap, Dark Mounted Cold Hot Dragon, Lead-Free Tap.
- XJTNLB Kitchen faucet single cold 304 stainless steel wash basin washbasin basin universal swivel tap,C
- Oudan Split Concealed Basin Faucet Hot and Cold All Copper Double-Wall Stage The Bathroom Cabinet Faucet Basin Washbasin, D Models Split (color A Separate Section, Size -)
- Faucets Basin Mixer Basin Mixer Tap Bamboo Hot Type Black Chrome Finish Single Hand Bathroom Faucets Mounted Sink Kitchen
- Faucet brass double open basin hot and cold faucet basin double double hole wash basin can be redated
- Alfi Brand Ab1586 Single Lever Bathroom Faucet, Polished Chrome
- Oudan European Style Retro All Copper Hot And Cold Single Handle Single Hole Sink Faucet A
- redOOY Faucet Tap Bathroom Faucet?Copper Basin?Single Hole Single Handle Hot And Cold Water Basin Faucet
- Flash Furniture Mid-Back Black Leather Swivel Task Chair with Arms
- Copper Faucet Three European Antique Retro Basin Faucet
- C PajCzh Bathroom Fixturesall-Copper Bathtub Faucet Triple Hot And Cold Water Faucet Concealed Mixing Valve Shower Wall-Mounted Bathroom Switch Mixing Valve, C Section + T008 Shower Three-Piece
- Chrome-Plated Adjustable Temperature-Sensitive Led Faucetantique redation Bathroom Kitchen Hot and Cold Water Taps
I don’t quite exactly when things shifted, but for many years, if you wanted salt you either bought granulated table salt, usually sold in a round canister for less than a dollar, or kosher salt, which came in a big box. Kosher salt didn’t get its name because it’s kosher, it’s because the bulkier crystals are a better size for salting meat, which koshers it….
Not many of us saw it coming, certainly not me, way back in 1989 when La Brea Bakery opened, and I thought, “Who the heck is going to buy freshly baked bread in Los Angeles? That’ll never work…” And the rest, as they say, is history, as La Brea Bakery and Campanile restaurant, the adjacent restaurant in the same Spanish-style building (that Charlie Chaplin built),…
Light brown 606058cm Furniture Lazy Couch Single Tatami Foldable Japanese Chair Dormitory Bed Computer Chair Bay Window Sofa Chair Comfortable and Lightweight (Load 150kg) Chairs (color bluee, Size 60 60 58cm)
Here’s a round-up of places I visited recently in New York City. One happy change (which is also happening in cities elsewhere) is the proliferation of excellent bakeries making top-quality artisan bread, as well as bakeries with a global focus. While Americans don’t buy bread daily, as the French do, you can get terrific bread and pastries if you know where to look. Restaurants…
Papaya isn’t a very common fruit in many parts of the world. But if you go to the tropics, you’ll see them piled up at markets, and even alongside the roads, where people are selling the overload from their trees. Papaya is a curious fruit that is often just out of the sightline of our radars, and is usually eaten fresh. Some varieties are spectacularly…
When I originally came up with this ice cream, the year was 2009, which seems like a long, long time ago, in so many ways. Absinthe had been banned in France since 1914, blamed for a host of societal ills, even being accused of causing people to go crazy (which has since been debunked; most blame additives added to cheap absinthe, which caused brain damage),…