I don’t go to many press events. It’s not that I don’t like getting to taste new and interesting things, or check out restaurants before they open and to get a glimpse of what they’re going to do. But I prefer to go and have a relaxing time, and to enjoy and experience the place as a customer would. Another thing that’s challenging about press events is that they can sometimes be a scrum, as anywhere where there’s complimentary food or drink involved.
That happened to me when I attended a cocktail soirée at a very posh hotel. I was personally invited by the publicist and the bartender was quite well-known and quite competent. And as I found out when I arrived, also quite dashing.
Standing Coat Racks Bamboo Floor Bedroom Hanger Clothes Simple Coat Rack Solid Wood Multifunctional Mobile Storage Rack -0223 Rack Home oaogqw1173-Furniture
Summer has just started and temperatures have been hovering close to 100ºF (37ºC). It’s been hard to stay cool but I’ve learned that temperatures are lower first thing in the morning, so I wake up earlier and get some tasks out of the way before the full blast of heat begins to slowly roast me, and my kitchen. The other thing that’s hitting us at…
Not a day goes by when I don’t get a message requesting a restaurant recommendation in Paris. (Curiously, I also get asked for restaurant recommendations in cities I’ve never lived in, or even visited.) My promise to you is that I’ll only write up or recommend places I’ve been to, and with apologies to all who’ve asked for restaurant recommendations on social media, if I…
We’re buckling down for a heatwave that’s on its way, with temperatures heading up to 40ºC (104ºF). Fortunately I’ve got a small stockpile of fans I’ve been collecting over the years, and few bottles of rosé in the refrigerator. (And my refrigerator actually has an ice-maker.) I sometimes bring a bag as a host gift when invited for dinner…but this week, I’m saving them all…
- Premium Soft Round Toilet Seat
- Avanti By the Sea 4-Piece Towel Set, Rattan
- RCH Hardware CH-07-AB-3 Decorative Polished Solid Chain for Hanging, Lighting-Standard Unwelded Links (3 ft 1 Yard) (Antique Brass)
- TRECT Bathroom Sink Basin Tap Brass Mixer Tap Washroom Mixer Faucet Basin faucet swivel pull-down cold and hot water tank, the blender Kitchen Sink Taps (color C)
- Vita Mix Clear Compact Blender Container Only with Wet Blade - No Lid, 32 Ounce - 1 each.
- Homevol Bookcase Book Shelves 5-Shelf Bookshelf Industrial Style Metal and Solid Wood Free Vintage Standing Storage Shelf Units
- 1 Faucet LED Kitchen Faucets with Rubber Design Chrome Mixer Faucet for Kitchen Single Handle Pull Down Deck Mounted for Sinks,2
- Sylvania 60078 Andover Antique Drum Light, LED, Flush Mount, Dimmable, Black
- Naruto Lifesize Standup Cardboard Cutouts 60 x 32in
- Folding Bath Tub Bath Tub Inflatable Bathtub Thick Plastic Bath Tub Adult Bath Tub (color Small)
- Enesco Coca-Cola by Jim Shore 4059475 Coke Polar Bear Couple Figurine
- U-Enjoy Chandelier Lever gold Double Finish Faucet Top Quality Vessel Basin Sink Bath Tub 3Pcs Hot&Cold Faucet Tap Deck Mounted Yellow Free Shipping
- ZXW Folding Table Household Foldable Simple Computer Desk, Bedroom Dormitory Study Desk Computer Desk (color Beige, Size 54.5x36x26.5cm)
- Zeckos Distressed Metal Indoor Outdoor Compass pink Wall Sculpture 28 Inch
- Ink+Ivy Imani Duvet Cover Mini Set, Ivory
- Basin Taps Swivel Spout Faucet Brass Antique Faucet European Waterfall Faucet Top Basin Cold and Hot Water Faucet
- LIQICAI Plant Flower Stand Solid Wood Floor-Standing Living Room Multi-Layer Balcony Indoor Flower Pot Holder
- Coffee Table Movable Lifting Stand up Desk,Multifunction Simple Bedside Table Student Dormitory Lazy Computer Desk, 2 Sizes (Size 60 40 cm)
- Pink Bar Stool High Stool Bar Stools Bar Kitchen Breakfast Stool Padded Dining Chair with Backrest PU Seat Bar Chair High Stool Swivel Counter Chair Adjustable Height Dining Chair (color Beige)
- Forest Semicircle Doormat Nature Theme The Panorama of a Forest Pattern Birds on Tree Branches Print Entry Door Mat H 47.2 xD 70.8 Olive Green Cream
- Beach Semicircle Doormat San Miguel Beach Near Gate Cape Atlantic Ocean Coast Serene Holiday Warm Relax Scene Halfmoon doormats H 43.3 xD 64.9 bluee Beige
I don’t quite exactly when things shifted, but for many years, if you wanted salt you either bought granulated table salt, usually sold in a round canister for less than a dollar, or kosher salt, which came in a big box. Kosher salt didn’t get its name because it’s kosher, it’s because the bulkier crystals are a better size for salting meat, which koshers it….
Not many of us saw it coming, certainly not me, way back in 1989 when La Brea Bakery opened, and I thought, “Who the heck is going to buy freshly baked bread in Los Angeles? That’ll never work…” And the rest, as they say, is history, as La Brea Bakery and Campanile restaurant, the adjacent restaurant in the same Spanish-style building (that Charlie Chaplin built),…
Here’s a round-up of places I visited recently in New York City. One happy change (which is also happening in cities elsewhere) is the proliferation of excellent bakeries making top-quality artisan bread, as well as bakeries with a global focus. While Americans don’t buy bread daily, as the French do, you can get terrific bread and pastries if you know where to look. Restaurants…
Papaya isn’t a very common fruit in many parts of the world. But if you go to the tropics, you’ll see them piled up at markets, and even alongside the roads, where people are selling the overload from their trees. Papaya is a curious fruit that is often just out of the sightline of our radars, and is usually eaten fresh. Some varieties are spectacularly…
When I originally came up with this ice cream, the year was 2009, which seems like a long, long time ago, in so many ways. Absinthe had been banned in France since 1914, blamed for a host of societal ills, even being accused of causing people to go crazy (which has since been debunked; most blame additives added to cheap absinthe, which caused brain damage),…