I don’t go to many press events. It’s not that I don’t like getting to taste new and interesting things, or check out restaurants before they open and to get a glimpse of what they’re going to do. But I prefer to go and have a relaxing time, and to enjoy and experience the place as a customer would. Another thing that’s challenging about press events is that they can sometimes be a scrum, as anywhere where there’s complimentary food or drink involved.
That happened to me when I attended a cocktail soirée at a very posh hotel. I was personally invited by the publicist and the bartender was quite well-known and quite competent. And as I found out when I arrived, also quite dashing.
Makeup Chair Fashion Vanity Stool Simple Solid Wood Chair Home Dining Stool Home Stool Footstool Bedroom Stool Coffee Table Vanity Stool (color Green, Size 36x36x44cm) Stool oaogqw4673-Furniture
Summer has just started and temperatures have been hovering close to 100ºF (37ºC). It’s been hard to stay cool but I’ve learned that temperatures are lower first thing in the morning, so I wake up earlier and get some tasks out of the way before the full blast of heat begins to slowly roast me, and my kitchen. The other thing that’s hitting us at…
Not a day goes by when I don’t get a message requesting a restaurant recommendation in Paris. (Curiously, I also get asked for restaurant recommendations in cities I’ve never lived in, or even visited.) My promise to you is that I’ll only write up or recommend places I’ve been to, and with apologies to all who’ve asked for restaurant recommendations on social media, if I…
We’re buckling down for a heatwave that’s on its way, with temperatures heading up to 40ºC (104ºF). Fortunately I’ve got a small stockpile of fans I’ve been collecting over the years, and few bottles of rosé in the refrigerator. (And my refrigerator actually has an ice-maker.) I sometimes bring a bag as a host gift when invited for dinner…but this week, I’m saving them all…
- Hlluya Professional Sink Mixer Tap Kitchen Faucet Retro-copper single handle single hole bathroom hot and cold water basin mixer High of,black
- Rmckuva Bathroom Sink Taps Basin Faucet Modern Single Handle Faucet Brass Mixer Curved Mouth Jade Faucet Cyan - Hz3
- Neon Signs It's 5 00 Somewhere Neon Light Sign Led Neon Lamp, Wall Sign Art Decorative Signs Lights, Neon Words for Home Bedroom Room Decor Bar Beer Office for Party Holiday Wedding Decoration Sign
- Maifeini Antique Complete Bathroom Sink Fittings Broad Bronze Wall Mixer Taps Dual Handles Basin Mixer?, Bronze
- Sweet Jojo Designs 2-Piece Red, White and bluee Stripe Window Treatment Panels for Nautical Nights Collection
- Gyps Faucet Single Lever Washbasin Mixer Tap All Copper Antique Tap Wash Basin with Warm and Cold pink gold golden Jade Bathroom Cabinet Faucet E Mixer Tap
- Fortessa Provencal 4-Piece Serrated Steak Knife Set with Box, 9.25-Inch, Light Wood Handle
- Bijjaladeva Antique Bathroom Sink Vessel Faucet Basin Mixer Tap Antique black brass and cold water single handle one hole ceramic valve falls out of the water-basin mixer
- Aawang Sink Mixer Tap Kitchen Faucet Brushed 360° redary Chrome Folding Faucet Silver
- Lpophy Bathroom Sink Mixer Taps Faucet Bath Waterfall Cold and Hot Water Tap for Washroom Bathroom and Kitchen Modern Copper Chrome Round Water Out of The Dark Wall Into A Single Hot and Cold
- Decorry Full-Wall Copper Single Mixer Balcony Laundry Tub Faucet Joint redational Bending Can
- Lalaky Taps Faucet Kitchen Mixer Sink Waterfall Bathroom Mixer Basin Mixer Tap for Kitchen Bathroom and Washroom Antique Copper Hot and Cold gold Single Handle Single Hole Waterfall
- YAXIAO-table Laptop Desk Bed Desk Simple Portable Folding Desk Dormitory Lazy Table (color A, Size L)
- QUSLT European Antique Copper Faucet With Single Hole Wash Basin Wash Basin Basin And Retro Tap
- Kitchen Taps Faucet Modern Kitchen Sink Taps Stainless Steelsingle-Hole Copper Washbasin Faucet
- Croydex Langley 26-Inch x 20-Inch Recessed or Surface Mount Medicine Cabinet with Hang 'N' Lock Fitting System, Aluminum
- Benzara 87478 Rope Anchor Wall Décor
- Air Port Screen Cute Cartoon Monster W96 x L132 Eliminate The Turf Highprecision Curtains for bedrooms Living Rooms Kitchens etc.
- My First Block Box - 34 pc. Set
- Simple Umbrella Stand,Creative Home-to-Home Hotel Entrance Hall Umbrella Stand Wrought Iron Floor Umbrella Bucket Storage Shelf Crutches Trekking Poles Storage,gold
- Tatami futon Mattress, Fluffy Soft Mattress, Breathable Anti-mite Antibacterial Sleeping pad Double Sided Thick Bed Mattress Topper-Yellow 150x200x10cm(59x79x4inch)
I don’t quite exactly when things shifted, but for many years, if you wanted salt you either bought granulated table salt, usually sold in a round canister for less than a dollar, or kosher salt, which came in a big box. Kosher salt didn’t get its name because it’s kosher, it’s because the bulkier crystals are a better size for salting meat, which koshers it….
Not many of us saw it coming, certainly not me, way back in 1989 when La Brea Bakery opened, and I thought, “Who the heck is going to buy freshly baked bread in Los Angeles? That’ll never work…” And the rest, as they say, is history, as La Brea Bakery and Campanile restaurant, the adjacent restaurant in the same Spanish-style building (that Charlie Chaplin built),…
Here’s a round-up of places I visited recently in New York City. One happy change (which is also happening in cities elsewhere) is the proliferation of excellent bakeries making top-quality artisan bread, as well as bakeries with a global focus. While Americans don’t buy bread daily, as the French do, you can get terrific bread and pastries if you know where to look. Restaurants…
Papaya isn’t a very common fruit in many parts of the world. But if you go to the tropics, you’ll see them piled up at markets, and even alongside the roads, where people are selling the overload from their trees. Papaya is a curious fruit that is often just out of the sightline of our radars, and is usually eaten fresh. Some varieties are spectacularly…
When I originally came up with this ice cream, the year was 2009, which seems like a long, long time ago, in so many ways. Absinthe had been banned in France since 1914, blamed for a host of societal ills, even being accused of causing people to go crazy (which has since been debunked; most blame additives added to cheap absinthe, which caused brain damage),…